Registration for the 2017 softball season is now closed.
If you have any questions about registration for the Squirt or Bantam divisions, please contact Trinna at email@example.com
If you have questions about the Midget/Ladies division, contact Caroline at firstname.lastname@example.org
|Division||Registration Fee||Fundraising Fee||Total Fees||New Player Fee|
|Squirts (Ages 8-12)||$130.00||$20.00||$150.00||$85.00|
|Bantam (Ages 13-16)||$165.00||$20.00||$185.00||$102.50|
A late registration fee of $20 will be added to all players registering past April 30th.
Reminder: Evaluation Weekend:
SQUIRT players are required to commit to a one hour evaluation of skills on Saturday May 6th or Sunday May 7th (from 12-4pm). Preferred time(s) should be selected at the time of registration and will be confirmed by the SGLFSA.
Financial Assistance [Under 18 year of age]
The SGLFSA believes that all girls should have an opportunity to play Softball, financial barriers should not prevent or limit a players participation in organized sports. Financial assistance for league registration may be available through the Human League. Please go to www.humanleague.on.ca and look on the menu for the P.L.A.Y. program for more information. Additional funding is available through Kidsport Canada by calling 1-866-641-7767 or available on their website www.kidsportcanada.ca. Assistance is available up to $250.00 per child which can be obtained for registration fees and/or required equipment. Please note this organization requires applications to be submitted 45 days prior to activity start date.
To ensure that the players within the league have a great season, we have prepared an agreement of sorts so teams, individual players, parent/guardians, and coaching staff know what is expected. Softball is a team sport and the girls have more fun if everyone is involved. Please review the following points:
- I agree to be an active team player. I will respect my coaching staff, other players and umpires.
- I will show up to games/practices, or I will notify the coaching staff of my absence.
- I will bring a positive attitude and put forth my best effort.
- I will come prepared with the proper equipment and adequate hydration.
- I will do my best to keep track of my equipment and try not to misplace it.
- If I am injured or ill I will notify coaching staff immediately.
- If I am having any problems socially or with skills I will discuss it with the coaching staff. Together we can find a solution.
- It is my/parents/guardians responsibility to notify the coaching staff of any allergies or medical concerns I may have
- I will bring an extra t-shirt to the Last Bat Tournament to return my jersey at the end of the season